Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Long time comin'

Whew! It has taken me FOREVER to finally write my first post...but alas- here it is! Although there will probably be a grand total of 3 people who end up reading this, I wanted a place where I could write out all my crazy adventures and keep everyone updated on my life. As all 3 of you reading probably know, I am currently in my first semester of nursing school. I have officially been a nursing student for 3 months. If you have been wondering why you hardly ever hear from me anymore, this is why. The past few months have been both a whirlwind and dragging at the same time. In the course of 90 days I have been taken away from my friends, my family, my beloved College Station, my wonderful church family (both of them) and anything resembling a social life. Just a fair warning if you are reading this: this is not going to be my most upbeat post. Today was a hard day. Do you ever feel just completely out of place? Lately, that is how I feel. I not only literally live on an island but I feel like I'm on my own personal island. When I first felt God calling me to move to Galveston, I wanted to flee. In fact, I kind of did flee. I was determined to do everything I could to stay in my happy little Christian College Station bubble. I liked my bubble. I was happy in my bubble. Yet I knew in my heart that whatever God had for me in Galveston would be immeasurably more than my bubble. I knew that as scary as moving further away and starting what would no doubt be a very difficult program was, God had me covered. So I'm here, waiting. Waiting on the Lord to show me why I am here. School is hard. Taking care of patient after patient with cancer has been one of the hardest things I've ever done. Not having a home church is discouraging. There are days when the tears just seem endless. But, I know that God is right here next to me through it all. Even when I am frustrated. Even when I feel like I don't fit in. Through every emotion I have experienced in nursing school this far, God has been right with me. So, that's all for now. Like I said, this is not my most cheerful post. There are about a million other things I want to share-now worries, those will come later. Hopefully it will not take me 2 months to write again!
Til next time,
Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Precious one, I am so excited that you have officially started your blog - that's the first step!! You're on your way to living in the blogger world! ;) I'm glad you are willing share the not so great along side of the great. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I know it has been real rough, and being far away and so busy that it is hard to keep in touch doesn't help one bit...I know. You'll find your church, sweetie, don't give up on that (I don't think you have, though). We do love you ever so dearly, even if we don't get to talk as much as we used to/would like to. I'm sorry about that, too...I miss hearing your sweet voice - a lot, a lot. BUT! I will get to see you and give you one of the biggest hugs EVER come December!!! I. Can. NOT. Wait!!! Love you! Praying for you!!
    ~H.

    ReplyDelete